Three words sum up what we’re trying to do as a church: Love, Grow, Share
Love – is at the heart of God’s character, and loving God and other people are foundational to being a follower of Christ.
Grow – we’re called to continue to grow into the fullness of Christ and to keep learning and developing as disciples of Christ.
Share – we seek to share love, the good news of the Gospel, our time, spiritual gifts, and resources in a way that glorify God and meet human needs.
- The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. (Psalm 145:8; Exodus 34:6; Numbers 14:18)
- God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him may not perish but may have eternal life. (John 3:16)
- Jesus came to give us abundant, joyful, and eternal life. (John 10:10-17; 15:11; 5:24)
- Jesus laid down His life for us that we might have the forgiveness of our sins, and God raised Him from the dead. (Romans 5:1-8; Acts 2:38-39; Acts 10:34-43)
- We are saved by grace and nothing in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:39; Ephesians 2:4-10)
- The Holy Spirit imparts Christ’s life, unites disciples to God, interprets Jesus’ teaching, imparts His peace, and gives gifts to be used in service. (John 14:16,17,26,27; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11)
- The church is the body of Christ with Jesus as the head, and God’s Spirit dwells in us. (Corinthians 12:27; Colossians 1:18; 1 Corinthians 3:16)
- In loving the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind, and our neighbor as ourselves. (Matthew 22:37-40)
- In making disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything Jesus commanded. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- In engaging in spiritual disciplines and habits in obedience to Jesus’ example and teaching so we may all grow into maturity in Christ. (Ephesians 4:13-16, Colossians 2:28)
- We are called to be witnesses of God’s love and grace in Jesus, locally, nationally, and globally, through ministries of compassion and justice. (Acts 1:8; Matthew 25:31-46)
- Faith, hope, and love abide, but the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13)